The Office of Public Relations and Marketing at Austin Peay State University won nine awards during the Tennessee College Public Relations Association spring conference and awards contest held June 13-14 at Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville.
TCPRA – an alliance of communicators across the state representing public and private colleges and universities, technical schools, technology centers and community colleges – awarded gold, silver and bronze distinctions in various writing, design, publication and photography categories. Entries were received for the contest period between April 1, 2012, and March 31, 2013.
The University’s PR office captured the following awards:
- Gold in the Special Publication category for the “Scoring New Beginnings” print item produced to help with fundraising efforts for the football stadium renovation.
- Gold in the Promotional Campaign category for the design and promotion of the GovTrails walking project on campus.
- Gold in the Poster category for the Asanbe Diversity Symposium that featured the topic of “Freedom Flyers.”
- Gold in the Banners/Outdoor Media category for a series of adult learner billboard signs.
- Silver in the Specialty Item category for the acceptance package, which includes personalized material and information given to new students.
- Silver in the Web Page/Website category for the design of the adult learner website.
- Silver in the Print Advertisement category for the promotion of fast-track degree programs at the Austin Peay Center @ Fort Campbell.
- Bronze in the Newsletter – Print category for the Parent’s Newsletter.
- Bronze in the Photography category for a series of photos associated with an alumni magazine story, titled “A Judge’s Journey.”