NASHVILLE, TN: Meet Me at the Farmers’ Market, presented by AARP, is an interactive event happening the second Wednesday each month from June through December at the Nashville Farmers’ Market. This unique, indoor/outdoor experience offers shopping, dining, cooking demos, gardening workshops, fitness classes, and more. The AARP Real Possibilities stage will feature a variety of local personalities sharing practical tips on topics including AARP’s Life Reimagined, health and wellness, and caregiving. The event is free to attend and will feature other community partners throughout the series.
- 8:30 am kick-off with a Mayor’s Walk 100 Team Walk around Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park;
- 10:00 am special appearances by Amelia “The Clutter Queen” and Ms. Cheap inside the Market House;
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm gardening workshops – conducted by Master Gardeners of Davidson County – highlighting the best ways to grow flowers and vegetables in your backyard;
- 11:00 am cooking demonstration in the Grow Local Kitchen with Chef Tiffani Rozier showing guests how to make a quick, delicious meal using ingredients found at Nashville Farmers’ Market;
- 1:00 pm chair yoga session under Farm Shed 2 promoting balance and ways of relaxation.
Guests may also stop by the AARP Real Possibilities table and receive a voucher for 10% off participating Nashville Farmers’ Market restaurants, redeemable during Meet Me at the Farmers’ Market events only. Community Food Advocates will be available from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm to help individuals sign up for SNAP benefits.
“Meet Me at the Farmers’ Market is a new program enabling the Nashville Farmers’ Market to connect the community with educational programming and health and wellness resources while showcasing all that the Market has to offer. “The event series is free and open to the public and we invite the community to attend on the second Wednesday of each month,” said Tasha Kennard, Executive Director of the Nashville Farmers’ Market.
Meet Me at the Farmers’ Market is collaboration between AARP Tennessee and the Nashville Farmers’ Market. Nashville Farmers’ Market is located at 900 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. Nashville, TN 37208. For more information, visit: www.nashvillefarmersmarket.org