Attorney Dr. Merriel Bullock-Neal will be honored at the 5th Annual Unity Day Awards event at Governors Square Mall, 2801 Wilma Rudolph Boulevard in Clarksville on June 21 at 5 p.m.
The Unity Day Awards is a day set aside to unite the community and celebrate the accomplishments of those in leadership who serve and help make a difference. The event promotes unity among family as well as peace among people of all walks of life. Unity Day was created with a focus on family values and multiculturalism.
“My family and I are both blessed and honored to be a part of the Clarksville-Montgomery County community. I am very honored to be receiving this Unity Day Award for serving my community………….” — Dr. Merriel Bullock-Neal
Dr. Merriel Bullock-Neal is very active in her community and has and continues to serve it very well in the following capacities:
- Former Chairperson and Current Member of the Two Rivers Chapter (formerly called the Clarksville-Montgomery County Chapter) of the American Red Cross Board;
- Chairperson – Disproportionate Minority Contact (DMC) Task Force and Member of the Statewide DMC Task Force;
- Member of Clarksville Civitan;
- Conference Chairperson for the Joint Conference on Juvenile Justice;
- Conducted numerous presentations in local, statewide, national and international conferences;
- Faculty Advisor- Austin Peay State University Red Cross Club and the Student Chapter of the Council for Exceptional Children.
Additionally, she has volunteered for charitable organizations and projects such as Room in the Inn, Hurricane Katrina Relief, Teen Court, Back to School Bash and Haiti Relief.
Dr. Bullock-Neal is a practicing attorney, licensed school psychologist and special educator, as well as a Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator. She has donated countless hours in defense of special needs children and low income youth inside and outside of the juvenile justice system.