There is still time to enter the City of Clarksville and Montgomery County Government’s present the 54th Annual Clarksville Christmas Parade, themed “A Storybook Christmas.” The parade is slated for December 7 at 5 p.m. with parade day check in from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at Burt Elementary School.
All Entries must register by December 5th at 4 p.m. at www.cityofclarksville.com or by mail or in person at Clarksville Parks and Recreation 102 Public Square, in downtown Clarksville.
Entry fees are as follows:
- Business/Commercial: $30 entry fee + *$25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food (Limited to two (2) vehicles per entry).
- Civic / Church: *$25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food
- City / County Offices: *$25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food
Gift cards worth $25 will be accepted in lieu of non-perishable food items. Unwrapped toy and non-perishable food items should be turned in at parade day check-in.
Awards will be presented to the 1st through 3rd place winners in each division. Judging will be conducted from 3:30 – 4:15p.m. Winners will be acknowledged as they pass the judges stand on Public Square.
Light Requirements: This is the minimum requirement to participate; as a rule — more is better:
- Floats must have a minimum of 1,000 lights
- Vehicles must have 250
- Horses and Motorcycles must have 100 each
- Walkers must have 25.
- Vehicles towing floats must be fully decorated.
- Floats must be built on a trailer no smaller than 4’x 8’ and must follow the theme of the parade.
- Walkers accompanying floats must be kept to a minimum and dressed in holiday attire or a uniform (and lights).
- All horses must include clean up personnel and will be located at the end of the parade.
- No candy can be thrown from any entry during the parade due to safety issues of doing a night time parade. Please abide this rule. Walkers can hand out candy along the route.
- The parade organizers will provide the only Santa and Mrs. Claus in the parade.
- At check-in you will be provided a number, please place this number in the front right windshield of the vehicle for proper identification at the grand stand.
- All floats must carry a fire extinguisher and no open flames will be allowed on floats.
- Due to the growing popularity of the parade, please limit entries to two per organization.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse participation of any entry deemed inappropriate or if the entry does not comply with the stated rules.