NASHVILLE – Healthbox, a leading business accelerator focused on healthcare technology and technology-enabled companies, today announces the companies selected for the Nashville program, enabling them to grow both locally and nationally.
“We were extremely impressed with the applicant pool for this program. Many of them were already well connected within Nashville’s healthcare ecosystem and founded by seasoned professionals and serial entrepreneurs,” says Nina Nashif, founder and CEO of Healthbox. “We can provide the chosen companies deeper access to industry knowledge and resources that will help them expand within Tennessee and beyond.”
Five of the seven selected companies originate from Nashville, validating the city’s influence as a national hotspot for healthcare innovation. Through the Healthbox platform and additional support from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, HCA, The Nashville Health Care Council and the Entrepreneur Center, Nashville will strengthen its capacity to positively impact healthcare by unlocking the industry for entrepreneurial growth, breaking down silos and forming relationships across the continuum of care.
“It was a unique opportunity for us to sit at the same table with providers and entrepreneurs to discuss ways to better healthcare delivery. We walked away with an increased understanding of the needs and pain points of our counterparts in other industry segments,” says Sherri Zink, vice president of medical informatics for BlueCross® in reference to their participation in the company selection process alongside Healthbox and HCA. “This initial collaboration is the start to leaders from across the continuum working in tandem, rather than in the traditional silos, to solve critical challenges.”
The companies selected include:
- Atlas Health provides a cloud-based platform that helps health IT organizations launch new solutions and exchange data with partners while staying compliant with HIPAA/HITECH regulations.
- Axial Healthcare is automating evidence-based decision support for chronic pain therapy, reducing variability in interventional procedures, opiate prescribing and spine surgeries.
- Daymark Health is a digital marketing and advertising platform that helps providers communicate the right message to the right person at the right time in order to drive patient volume, improve payer mix, as well as keep patients loyal and healthy.
- eClinic Healthcare is an intelligent communication platform allowing providers to use two way video, voice, and secure messaging to deliver consultative healthcare to their own patients within a web-based and HIPAA compliant environment.
- Gema Touch offers a patent-pending product linked to a cloud-based service that improves mobile patient engagement and remote monitoring.
- PRSM Healthcare PRSM is a seamless solution for managing gastroenterology (GI) patient follow-up, cancellation and no-show needs by identifying and engaging patients regarding their follow-up care events.
- Remedify is cloud-based software that takes the guesswork out of sterile processing at hospitals and surgery centers.